Co-Chief Investment Officer (co-CIO)
This position has been filled.
Institutional in its structure, but boutique in its philosophy, Geneva Management Group (GMG) is a FINMA regulated asset and investment fund manager. We hold a long-term investment philosophy, based on the real economy and the strong convictions of our Investment Committee. We advocate for investment objectives that favour capital protection and diversification across asset classes. We are looking for a co-Chief Investment Officer to reinforce our Investment Team following the extension of our in-house funds offering across more asset classes in 2021.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Participate in the monthly cross-asset Investment Committee (IC).
- Take ownership and oversee investments relating to specific scopes of assets.
- Collaborate with the co-CIO and IC to form a coherent and high-performing range of discretionary portfolios.
- Proactively incorporate relevant, innovative, and differentiating active managers/ themes to the discretionary mandates.
- Prepare fundamental and macro-economic reports to support investment decisions.
- Communicate the IC’s allocations changes and outlook to the Advisory and Sales teams through regular reports, calls and open forums.
- Participate in client call updates from time to time, to discuss the portfolio’s performance and house views.
- Travel in Switzerland and abroad from time to time to meet with key prospects or clients.
- Understand the full offering of in-house funds, mandates, and services to promote cross-selling internally and externally.
- Proactively interact with the transversal teams (Back Office, Middle Office, Compliance, Marketing, Management…) to streamline existing processes and promote improvements for the development of the Asset Management platform.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- At least 7 years of proven track record in a senior Portfolio Manager or CIO position.
- Ability to combine strong analytical skills with a broad macro-economic analysis.
- Previous experiences across different asset-classes/ markets.
- Ability to form independent views and convictions.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders from different backgrounds and adapt to their lexicon.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a hands-on environment with a can-do attitude.
- Ease of interaction with PMS.
- Perfectly fluent in English.
- Eligible to work in Switzerland
- Resident in Geneva
- Fluent in French and English
- More than 7 years of specific experience as a senior Portfolio Manager or CIO