Geneva Management Group, an award-winning Asset Manager and Multi-family Office, is looking for a Portfolio Manager to join its team in Geneva, Switzerland. The Portfolio Manager will report directly to our CIO.
You are passionate and curious about asset allocation, portfolio management and possess strong people and communication skills. The role involves working with our senior portfolio managers, implementing investment decisions across asset classes and across our discretionary and advisory mandates. You have an eye for details and are fully comfortable with all operational aspects of portfolio and investment management activities.
You have a Master’s degree and either a CFA or CAIA qualification. You are proficient in R and/or Python as well as VBA. You speak and write English and French fluently (perhaps you even speak other languages too). You have at least 5 to 10 years of work experience. Your knowledge, rigor, curiosity, passion, and professionalism are what make you unique in your field.
If you have what it takes, we would love to meet you!
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- The Portfolio Manager is responsible for developing, presenting, and executing specific trades in Asset Allocation portfolios that are part of our overall investment strategy.
- The most important function of this role is to maximize returns consistent with client objectives.
- Developing, presenting, and executing thoughtful trading strategies to achieve specific objectives and/or recommend alternative strategies in order to optimize investment performance over the long run.
- Supporting lead portfolio managers on client requests, product presentations, and semi-annual publications.
- Liaison with trading assistants to trade new positions and monitor existing portfolio positions.
- Understand the rationale of trading positions and meticulously monitor portfolios while offering recommendations to the lead Portfolio Manager on how to optimize the portfolio.
- Create, maintain and enhance and programs for the CIO and portfolio managers.
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in a medium to large size financial institution, having gained a strong understanding of the financial industry and financial assets.
- Preference for candidates with experience in Swiss fixed income and equity markets.
- Qualifications in ESG and/ or impact investing.
- Proficient in R and/or Python.
- Proficient in VBA.
- Ability to work effectively in a small team.
- English and French bilingual. The ability to speak German is a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confidence and an acute sense of professionalism.
- Socially astute and driven, proactive, engaged with a sense of ownership of tasks.
- Microsoft Office suite skills, Bloomberg.
Geneva Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.
About Geneva Management Group
GMG has worked with institutional and private clients for over two decades. During this time, we have gained insights into the specific requirements and challenges posed in a constantly evolving financial environment.
We keep exploring and developing our service offering in multiple areas such as wealth and asset management, commercial trading support platforms, private investments and more.
Our advice and support are unbiased, independent and follows a holistic and sustainable approach.