Senior Back Office Specialist (Senior Administrator level), Asset Management
This position has been filled.
The Senior Back Office Specialist will report to our Head of Operations, Asset Management, Geneva. The position is for our office based in Mauritius.
The Senior Back Office Specialist will be strengthening the Mauritius Back Office Team. The duties will mainly consist of client onboarding, data maintenance, portfolio valuation and reporting, as well as taking an active part in the implementation of client portfolios onto the new Portfolio Management System.
Duties and tasks
Client Onboarding and Data Maintenance:
- Gather all information related to clients’ assets, manage relationship with internal and external counterparties
- Review the accuracy of online data feed as well as manual import of offline data
- Actively take part in the implementation of client accounts and portfolios in the Portfolio Management System and Reporting tool
- Daily reconciliation and data integration for automated feeds, monthly reconciliation of manual accounts
- Set up online access to banks, custodians
- Ongoing liaison with key stakeholders and custodians
Portfolio Valuation and Reporting
- Monthly preparation on Portfolio valuation
- Quarterly reporting on clients’ assets
- Responsibility for data accuracy and consistency for both automated and manual accounts
- Participate to the improvement of processes & procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness, as well as mitigate all risks.
Required qualifications and competencies
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting, or any equivalent qualifications
- ACCA or CFA qualified or working towards one of these will be considered an asset
- At least 4 years of experience in investment management firm or banking environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of investment asset classes
- Prior experience in a senior Operations role an asset
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and rigorous
- High degree of autonomy
- Flexibility and ability to cope with tight deadlines in an ever-evolving environment
- English mandatory (fluent)
- French desirable (conversational)