Geneva Management Group, an award-winning Asset Manager and Multi-family Office, is looking for an expert trading executive, with a proven track record in both setting up and operating commercial trading platforms, as well as identifying and partnering with suppliers and customers globally.
This position is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
Job purpose and responsibilities
To penetrate the South African market, we are particularly looking for an Afrikaans speaker with contacts in the South African farming and other commodities exports community.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by providing advice and guidance on business development strategy, specifically in S. Africa, Africa in general and the Far East
- Enhance and lead a group of professional traders
- Oversee the trading operation control and financial functions to ensure that these are presented accurately and on time
- Devising the overall group’s commercial trading partnership strategy with the CEO and ensuring execution
- Review of existing partnership structure with legal experts to ensure improved function and compliance
- Possesses a professional Degree in a relevant field – financial, accounting, auditing
- More than 10 years of experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in setting up and operating trading support platforms in international trading hubs, in particular, Switzerland, the Netherlands and Mauritius
- Strong accounting and financial controlling background, which is an absolute requirement in the trading business
- Experience in acquisition of strategic partners on both the supply and demand sides internationally and more specifically S. Africa, Africa and the Far East
- Afrikaans and English native speaker, an imperative quality in penetrating the S. African market
- Experience in leading and supervising trading professionals
- Commitment and ambition to develop an international business platform, further enhance global partnerships, willingness to travel extensively
About the Geneva Management Group
GMG has worked with institutional and private clients for over two decades. During this time, we have gained insights into the specific requirements and challenges posed in a constantly evolving financial environment.
We keep exploring and developing our service offering in multiple areas such as wealth and asset management, commercial trading support platforms, private investments and more.
Our advice and support are unbiased, independent and follows a holistic and sustainable approach.
For more information, please get in touch with us or send us your CV and cover letter (in a single PDF file) using the form below.
Geneva Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.