GMG Real Estate is a privately owned, Pan-European property investment, asset and development management business, operating highly skilled teams in London, Lisbon and Geneva.
We have been delivering tailored real estate solutions for Private and Institutional Investors since inception in 2000, demonstrating superior investment performance within the UK, Portuguese, German & Swiss markets, across multiple sectors and strategies.
CEO, GMG Real Estate (Geneva)
Newman Leech co-founded Geneva Management Group in 2000 and is Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of GMG’S Real Estate division. Newman manages GMG’s proprietary real estate transactions and serves a portfolio of high net worth clients. As CEO, Newman is closely involved in the full life cycle of every real estate project that the group embarks on.
Group Chief Executive Officer
After a rich career across several leading financial centres, Dave co-founded Geneva Management Group (GMG) in 2000. Dave has over twenty-five years of experience in deal structuring and wealth planning. Between 1994 and 2000 he served as the Executive Managing Director of an institutionally sized Family Office. He is involved in the construction or renovation of many buildings now occupied by major Swiss companies, through GMG’s Real Estate division.
Director, GMG Real Estate (London)
Sean held the position of Chief Executive Officer of Sentinel International before joining the Geneva Management Group at the end of 2008. Sean has been actively involved in structured finance since 2005 and held a number of important directorships in structured finance vehicles covering CMBS, RMBS and Synthetic asset backed programs which supported banks in their off balance sheet funding programs.
Executive, GMG Real Estate (Geneva & Lisbon)
Olivier joined GMG in 2017 after 10 years at Westcore Properties, a US family office and real estate private equity investment company, where he managed real estate portfolios and acquisitions in Switzerland and Southern Europe. He plays a key role in our Real estate department and is based in both our Geneva and Lisbon office.
Executive, GMG Real Estate (London)
Simon is a Senior Real Estate Executive with over 15 years of Development and Investment Management experience and a proven track record of delivering performance across a range of asset classes, predominantly within the office, residential and industrial sectors. He holds expertise in all aspects of strategic asset management and development, with an in depth knowledge of London, south-east and regional sub-markets and an established network of best in class agents and consultants.
Legal, GMG Real Estate (London)
Deni qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and joined GMG in 2017 from Trowers & Hamlins LLP where she was a Senior Associate. She plays a key role as Legal Director covering both UK and European real estate portfolios . Her experience ranges from residential and commercial acquisitions and disposals to finance structuring and site development and she has established relationships with top London law firms who support the legal requirements of the real estate team.
We have assembled teams of highly experienced professionals in the jurisdictions in which we operate, offering local expertise and complimentary skillsets, adding value and measuring risk at every stage of the Investment, Development and Asset Management journey.
- Best in class deal origination.
- Team based under-writing & strategy
- Risk and return analysis
- Legal due diligence through internal legal counsel
- Structuring and financing
Development & Asset Management
- Business planning
- Project co-ordination & delivery
- Class leading governance & reporting process
- Market aware and research focused
- Extensive network of best in class professional consultants
- Debt strategy & re-financing expert
- Continuous strategic review
- Market indicators
- Risk & return profiling
- Optimal exit timing
The business syndicates its deals on a project by project basis with key funding partners, including Institutions, Family Offices and HNWIs. We always co-invest with our partners and clients.
GMG Real Estate has a variety of investment strategies within different sub-markets and asset classes covering, Office, Residential, Hotel and industrial.
The asset management team originates, structures and project manages through the entirety of the development life cycle. This includes functions such as financial modelling, entry and exit strategies, debt, ongoing management and funding through the capital stack. These principles are applicable in both syndicated transactions and within its segregated real estate portfolio management mandates for family offices.
- Two core strategies include a hotel and hotel/apartment strategy in the Camden area, to take advantage of that sub-market’s unique characteristics and extract value in line with the growth of the sub-market and the developments taking place in the area
- Office on the Victoria & St James sub-markets who currently have very low vacancy rates
- A focus on the residential market in the three prime sub-markets of Lisbon, namely, Lisbon Central, Expo and Marvila
- Take advantage on the structural changes in the Portuguese property market in relation to the rest of western Europe as well as the supply and demand dynamics, with large supply side constraints in the mid-market residential space
- Demand for residential is strong for domestic buyers while still being attractive for international buyers for golden visa and lifestyle purchases
In real terms
- Syndicated property opportunities as a co-investor
- Segregated Mandate Service supporting Family Offices, Institutions and Asset allocators
- An advisory and ‘deep dive’ service on existing Real Estate portfolios